Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall trip to my grandparent's farm.

 Through the cornfields we go to get to my grandmothers original farmstead. The kids had not yet been here, so it was fun to show them where Grandma Mercer grew up as a child. We can see the Mississippi river from up here.
 I packed a picnic lunch for us, it was another beautiful fall day in Wisconsin. The farm is for sale, bummer, so it may be the last time we get to go there. Wish we had the money to buy it. But, a couple hundred acres doesn't come cheap.
 You can't quit see the Mississippi or Lake Pepin as many know it. As we drove up i could see it well.
                                               I think Scott is dreaming of this land being his. Ha.
                                                   Fall bittersweet. How sweet it is.

                                                                           A very old shed
                      
 Analise standing on a step to the basement of grandma's house. Makes me think how far away they were from town and how little money they probably had. And how simple life was for people a hundred years ago. 




  Oh the fall beauty. I love fall so much. Fresh air, the colors, the sounds. I wish it were all year round.

Scott spied this humungous mushroom in the woods. I have never seen anything like it. Have You? Enjoy all the sights and sounds of fall. I am so anxious to make squash soup, pumpkin bars and start a fire in the fireplace again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment